Saturday, August 13, 2011

OMG a blog. It's really not exciting though... Recipes.

Michelle has been bugging me to post recipes on the stuff Ryan and I make for dinner, and i tried to do it on the family cooking blog, but I totally don't know how to do it, or maybe I don't have access. Either way...
Ryan and I have been on a health kick lately. So we've been making High Protien/Low Carb/ Low Calorie food. I told Michelle I'd post the recipes of the stuff that was actually good. And, I totally fail, I have no pictures, but I'll start taking some, for the cause. Lol.

So, Recipe 1-Cottage Cheese Asparagus Bake

Ingredients


    Asparagus, fresh, 1 pound, sliced
    1 medium onion, chopped
    Egg substitute, liquid (Egg Beaters), 2 cups
    Egg, fresh, 2 large
    Flour, 1/2 cup
    Baking Powder, 1 tsp
    Cottage Cheese, Nonfat, 16 oz
    Kraft Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 1/2 cup
    Butter, 3 tbsp melted
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    Parmesan Cheese, 1/2 oz



Directions

Saute asparagus and onion in non-stick pan. Cool.
(Asparagus can be roasted in oven: cover cookie sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray, spread asparagus spears on foil, spray again, add a little black pepper on top, bake at 400 for 12 minutes. Cool and slice cooked asparagus.)
Beat egg substitute and eggs together, add flour and baking powder to egg mixture; whisk until lumps are gone. Stir in all other ingredients, except parmesan cheese. Put mixture into greased or sprayed 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, turn oven down to 325, bake additional 35 to 45 minutes until light golden brown on top. Cut into 10 servings.

Number of Servings: 10


That's the recipe we followed. Except we didn't use an onion because Ryan doesn't like them, and we just used all eggs instead of the egg substitute because we didn't have any. But it's yummy. :) We also added extra cheese.. Lol. No surprise.



Recipe Number 2- Stuffed Zucchini

Ingredients

  • 2 zucchini cut in half and hollowed out
  • Mushroom stems reserved from Portobello Burgers recipe, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup chopped green olives with pimentos
  • 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella, divided

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Slice the zucchini lengthwise, scoop out the seeds from the center and put on a baking sheet.

In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients expect for 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fill the centers of each zucchini half with the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the filling.

Bake until the cheese is melted and the filling is golden brown and toasted, about 15 to 20 minutes.


Ok, so with this recipe, I didn't really follow it at all. So, I more-so stole the idea.

In ours, I hollowed out both Zucchini and Squash, and instead of throwing away the middle portion, I just mixed it in with the egg. I then added probably 2 cups of cottage cheese in with the eggs mixture. Then I added Cheddar cheese because we had no Mozzarella. I put the mixture inside the hollowed out squash and the zucchini, and put some cut tomatoes on the tops of them, as well as some parmesean sprinkled on the top. And on Ryan's side we put olives on top. *Yuck* lol.

We had no mushrooms, however those would be really good in this recipe. Anyway, I really liked the way they turned out. Filling, Good for you, and something you can totally mess around with the recipe with. And its pretty quick to make.


Next time we make something good, I'll snap a picture. ;) And perhaps by then someone can tell me how to post on the Food Blog.


Anyway, that's all for now.


Loves!

No comments: